Today, let’s talk about failure to launch. Sometimes, we have a great product idea, but for some reason, it doesn’t get to the launch stage. What stops us? It could be anxiety, fear of failure, or maybe even a lack of faith in ourselves and our abilities.
Launching something new and growing a business from the ground-up is daunting, but it’s also very satisfying and fulfilling.
Here are 5 reasons to say ‘Yes’ this year and launch your dream project:
1. Our time here is limited. We can either spend it working towards someone else’s vision or roll up our sleeves and spend it working towards our own!
2. Launching your own company gives you a chance to make your mark in this world and becomes a part of the legacy you leave behind.
3. What you choose to do this year could change your life completely and your future self will thank you for taking that leap of faith.
4. If you’re sitting on a great idea, you might regret not acting on it when someone else launches something similar in the future.
5. 2020 taught us that life is unpredictable and full of uncertainty. People lost their jobs and livelihoods. Creating multiple streams of income has never been more important. Starting your own business as a side-hustle gives you something to fall back on when times get tough.
Tracee Ellis Ross once said, “I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me.”
When you have a great idea, it can be both exciting and scary. Exciting because of all the possibilities that lie ahead. Scary because self-doubt kicks in, and we begin to question whether we have what it takes.
I have met a fair share of entrepreneurs in my time and let me assure you, there’s no one fixed formula or personality type that guarantees success. What matters most is acting on your idea. As we go along, I will share actionable steps you can take to refine and launch your big idea. Take it one step at a time and I know you can bring your idea to fruition.