If you’re on the fence about using emojis in your social media captions, this blog post is for you! Emojis may seem like a trivial thing to consider, but they’re not.
In fact, did you know that using emojis on Twitter can increase engagement by 25.4%? On Facebook, using emojis can lead to 33% more comments and shares! Amazing, right?
In addition to being fun, emojis give your brand more personality and make it more relatable to your audience. Emojis are such a game changer that July 17th of every year has been crowned World Emoji Day! 🥳
So, in honor of this special day, here are some tips on how to use emojis to improve your social media engagement:
- Use emojis in your call-to-action (CTA). Emojis are a great tool to encourage your audience to interact with your posts. Here are some examples on how you can incorporate emojis in your CTA:
- What do you want us to work on next? Comment below 👇
- Do you agree? Comment 👍or 👎 and let us know!
- We’re curious. What’s your favourite afternoon snack? 🍉 🥐 🥨 🍿 🍪 🍩
- Make use of holiday themed emojis. This is a fun way to get your audience excited for the holidays. Whether its 🎆 for Fourth of July,🎄for Christmas, 🌈 for Pride Month, or 🪔 for Diwali, emojis make your posts more fun and attractive.
- Use emojis to communicate emotions. Written words don’t always convey tone very well. This is where emojis come in! Using 🥳 🎉 🤩 to convey excitement, ❤️ 🙏 🥲 to convey appreciation, 🤣 😆 to convey light hearted humor, and 😔 😢to convey sadness goes a long way!
So next time you’re working on your social media captions, be sure to use emojis!